Two 1st prizes... Four 2nd prizes.. And two 3rd prizes.
These were the plaudits and laurels reaped by the Don Mariano Marcos Memorial State University (DMMMSU) in the just concluded 27th Regional Symposium on R&D Highlights held at the Pangasinan State University, Lingayen participated in by topnotch researchers from the member-agencies of ILARRDEC (Ilocos Agriculture and Resources Research and Development Consortium).
The DMMMSU winners were:
- First Place (Research - Poster Category): "Turmeric for Broilers" by Dr. Cynthia Rodriguez, et al.
- First Place (Development - Oral Category): "Science and Technology Community-Based Farm on Gracilaria Production in La Union" by Dr. Jinnie Mamhot and Dr. Victoria Vicky Navarro Malaya
- Second Place (Research - Poster Category): "DMMMSU Silkworm Purelines for all Seasons" by Dr. Julieta P. Abuan, et al.
- Second Place: (Development - Oral Category): "Sustainable Beekeeping" by Mr. Joseph Panas, et al.
- Second Place (Agriculture & Forestry Category, Undergraduate Thesis): "Genotoxic Properties of Water and Sediment from Aringay and Bued Rivers Using Allium Test" by Mark Kevin S. Lopez, et al.; Adviser: Dr. Elizabeth I. Olarte
- Second Place (Fisheries Category - Undergraduate Thesis): "Floral and Faunal Diversity in Newly Transplanted and Established Mangrove Sites in Sto. Tomas, La Union" by Eloisa S. Rilloraza, et al.; Adviser: Dr. Vicky Navarro Malaya
- Third Place (Research - Oral Category): "Groundwater Pollution and Characterization of Leachates Waste Disposal Facilities in Region I" by Dr. Mario B. Mendoza, Dr. Leonora Ngilangil, and Ms. Desiree Alagna Vilar
- Third Place (Research - Poster Category): "Antifungal Properties of Indigenous Phytoextract Plants Against Fusarium spp. Causing Mulberry Roor Rot in Mulberry (Morusspp" by Mr. Bonifacio V. Pera, et al.
Congratulations DMMMSU scientists!!!